Wentworth Estate main lake in Winter
 

Contact Us

The Wentworth Estate
Tel: 01344 842819

Estate Security (24/7)
Tel: 07899 984272

 

Members Members

Contact Us

The Wentworth Estate
Tel: 01344 842819

Estate Security (24/7)
Tel: 07899 984272

 

Members Members


 
Minutes for Wentworth Residents Association
Executive Committee
16th June 2020
 
Present:        Nigel Moss (Chairman)               NM      
                      John Pyle                                     JP                         
                      Andrea Tenconi                            AT                        
                      John Tenconi                               JT
                      Phil Andrews                               PA
                      Peter Lomas                               PL
                    Ian Cox (Club)                              IC
 
Apologies:  Liz Copping                                LC
 
Minutes:      Helene Parsons                         HP
 
Welcome and Absences
 
NM opened the meeting via video conference at 16:00 and welcomed attendees. Apologies of absence received from Liz Copping.
 
Debrief from Liaison Meeting with WERC (15th June 2020)
Nigel Moss
NM debriefed the meeting from the previous day’s Liaison Meeting which was attended by Alex Howard (AH) and Lorna Ponti (LP) on behalf of WERC and Nigel Moss (NM), John Pyle (JP), John Tenconi (JT), Andrea Tenconi (AT) and Peter Lomas (PL) on behalf of the WRA. AH shared the WERC’s disappointment that the application for the VAC scheme was refused by RBC. After RBC’s decision, WERC received the formal explanation from the planning Dept for why the application had been refusal. This was explained as Green Belt issues on some of the barrier locations resulting in the whole application being rejected.
The main focus of the Liaison Meeting was to discuss how to salvage an effective VAC scheme. NM had requested some revised maps to understand what was being proposed by WERC and shared with ExCom. Two batches of applications are now being made: phase one, which is in urban and non-Green Belt space, and phase two, which covers internal barriers on the main island and on the public footpath of West Drive where WERC will need to apply for a diversion. NM to provide draft minutes for this Liaison Meeting to AH for his agreement and then circulate to both committees for a full insight into the discussions and concerns.
 
WERC’s next steps are the phase one two applications are being submitted quickly (15/16th June) with phase two applications being submitted next week. AH proposed to set up a sub-committee of people that have previously been involved in the scheme, which would be chaired by AH, certain WERC members, John Baines and to include a WRA ExCom member. It was agreed NM would raise at the next ExCom session on following day and revert.
 
Grave concerns were expressed in relation to WERC’s piecemeal approach which may result in an ineffective VAC scheme at a huge cost to WERC. NM committed to reiterate to AH.
 
WRA Constitution
John Tenconi
No further feedback has been received on the draft Constitution showing modifications since the previous meeting. ExCom agreed with the changes that have been made in the latest version and thanked JT.
 
These modifications will require a 2/3rd majority vote from the Association. This will need to take place at an EGM.
Current draft to be held when COVID-19 allows and the Club has re-opened for a EGM to take place later in the year under government guidelines.
 
Discussions were held on how proxy voting is to be conducted at future AGMs, whether proxy voting is restricted to a number of proxies per member and/or whether voting is held as an on-line exercise.
 
PL and PA to liaise and investigate an electronic voting option for EGM/AGMs.
 
JT will need to prepare for presentation purposes, three documents:
  1. Current Constitution
  2. Proposed Constitution
  3. Explanation of Changes
 
Discussions were held on the appropriate tenure of WERC Committee Members, it was felt that aligning on a one year term was the most favoured option.
   
WRA Privacy Policy Update
Phil Andrews
Following PA circulating a draft updated privacy policy, the Forum were in full agreement of the amendments.
 
PA will send out e-newsletter to inform members about the Privacy Policy and to load the policy onto the website.
 
Membership Update
Andrea Tenconi
Current membership stands at 397, 11 new members over May and 33 members below last year with more expected to join during the year.
Local/ Neighbourhood Plan and Incinerator Updates
John Pyle
Local Plan
Inspector has now reported and published the results with the modifications to bring the Plan to a determination of soundness.
 
Overall, the Inspector has ignored the representations made by the local community. Councillors have a zoom surgery conference session at 11:00 on Saturday 20th June to give their perspective of the Inspector’s report. Cllr Hulley will be presenting at this week’s Neighbourhood Plan meeting an overview of how the amendments and the Local Plan will impact on Virginia Water.
 
Longcross
JP is now in receipt of report from Rob Shrimplin.
JP to circulate to Forum.
 
Incinerator
Rob Shrimplin has applied to the EA, Surrey CC and Runnymede BC on a freedom of information concerning the number of objections and notices that have been received from residents on the existing anaerobic digestor. JP will find out more at Neighbourhood Plan meeting and report back.
It is recommended by the Council when the smell from the digestor is apparent, ring the Council and the call is then logged, which will create a stronger case.
 
Neighbourhood Plan
A core team is now in place and have prepared a statement which is being presented at Forum meeting early July.  All progressing well, with more detail and analysis and results of questionnaire. Currently, the Forum is creating its Mission Statement. JP will report at next meeting.
 
JT highlighted RBC is looking for representations on planning applications from the Virginia Water Neighbourhood Forum. Therefore, the Neighbourhood Plan could start to have impact on applications.
Club Matters
Ian Cox
NM has been liaising with Club (Iestyn Stephens) to form a more cohesive approach to security on the Wentworth Estate. IC reported - due to COVID-19 lockdown - slow progress, but has been ongoing. The Club have recruited a security company who provide a very robust service, in addition they also review the Club’s CCTV cameras.
IC will have more information on this next month as further progress and once costings have been received.
 
NM will re-send to IC the note from James Periton explaining the WERC security side of things.
 
IC explained the Club is putting together a team of companies which could enhance security for residents with a central hub, and would be happy to offer this on the WRA website to members with WRA’s endorsement.
 
Invitational
IC expecting a very active July and August on the courses during the current lockdown.
 
Looking at September for the Wentworth Estate Invitational once capacity on the courses has returned to normal.
 
Club is now offering a 2 ball course until 1pm due to strong demand for safety and fast rounds.
 
BMW PGA Championship moving to 15th – 18th October and looks likely all courses will be closed for the week. Agreed members, residents and sponsored guests only will be allowed access to the tournament. Public access will not be permitted and plans are being developed to restrict access.
 
Refurbishment - Extension of the men’s outdoor changing facility and the outdoor pool has been re-fibre glassed and will be ready as soon as government allows to open.
 
Any Other Business IC announced the possibility of a possible ladies tournament sponsored by Justin Rose and sanctioned by the ladies European Tour in early-August. This will consist of ±40 ladies, two Sky roving cameras on one day only. This is currently an on-going discussion and IC is mindful that the interests, including safety, of the Estate are protected.
Date of Next Meeting 16:00hrs, Tuesday, 14th July 2020 via Zoom

Contact Us

The Wentworth Estate
Tel: 01344 842819

Estate Security (24/7)
Tel: 07899 984272

 

Members Members

Address
THE WENTWORTH ESTATE
The Estate office
Wentworth Club
Wentworth Drive
Virginia Water
GU25 4LS
Follow us
twitter icon Instagram icon Facebook icon
Contact us
ESTATE OFFICE LANDLINE
01344 842819
CANNONS SECURITY OFFICE (24/7)
0208 699 9800
PATROL CAR MOBILE (24/7)
07899 984272