WERC Archive News
- Congratulations20th Jun, 2016
- At the recent WRA AGM on Wednesday 15th June in the Wentworth Club Ballroom, we are pleased to announce that John Wisbey was elected as Committee Member for WERC. John held this position having recently been co-opted onto the Committee.
- New Committee Member18th Apr, 2016
- Dear Wentworth Residents
We are sorry to receive the resignation of Dr Chris Mason. I am sure the Residents would join the Committee in thanking Chris for his time and committment to WERC over the last few years.
We welcome John Wisbey who has been co-opted to the Committee.
- Champagne and Mistletoe Ball16th Oct, 2015
- The Champagne and Mistletoe Ball in aid of Breast Cancer will take place on Saturday, December 12, 2015, at the Wentworth Club, Virginia Water. This black tie event begins with a champagne reception from 7 - 8 pm, followed by a three course dinner with half bottle of wine. The evening includes entertainment, live auction, tombola, and raffles. Carriages at 1 am.
Tickets are £95 and are sold in tables of 10s or 12s. For additional information, please download the flyer below.
- CM Ball 12th Dec 2015.pdf
- Road Closures A3016th Mar, 2015
As part of the ongoing works to introduce pedestrian improvements at the signalised junction of the
A30/A328 St Jude's Road/Bakeham Lane (Egham), a road closure will be in place preventing traffic from turning into St Jude's Road from the A30/Bakeham Lane from Monday 23 March for three weeks.
The closure is required to allow utility diversion works to be undertaken.During the closure, traffic will
be diverted via the A30 Egham Hill, A30 Egham Bypass,A308 Windsor Road and the A328 Priest Hill and vice versa.
Traffic will still be able to exit St Jude's Road at the junction as normal.
- Swiss Knife Seller Arrested2nd Mar, 2015
- Kitchen Knife Seller ArrestedWe are pleased to report in late February the Swiss kitchen knife seller who had been approaching residents and Wentworth Club members trying to sell his wares was arrested in Virginia Water. This was a direct result of our number plate recognition cameras and our association with Surrey Police and Safer Runnymede.If you were harassed by this man please call James Periton at the Estate Office, 01344 842819 as Surrey Police would like further information on him. Thank You.
James Periton MRICS
- Trumps Green Road Overnight Road Closure2nd Mar, 2015
THE SURREY COUNTY COUNCIL
TRUMPS GREEN ROAD VIRGINIA WATER
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC ORDER 2015
Starting 3rd March there will be repairs to the railway bridge near Trumps Green parade. The road will be closed from. 21.30 - 05.30. Works may take up to two weeks, it is not clear which evenings the road will be closed.
Full Details below.
ON 25TH FEBRUARY 2015 SURREY COUNTY COUNCIL MADE the above mentioned Temporary Order under Section 14(1) to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 ("the Act"), the effect of which will be to temporarily prohibit vehicles from entering or proceeding in the following lengths of road;- rd March 2015. Traffic will be diverted via Trumps Green Road, Christchurch Road, Wellington Avenue and Trumps Green Road. nd March 2015. Traffic will be diverted via Trumps Green Road, Sandhills Lane, Green Road, Lyne Lane, Bridge Lane and Trumps Green Road.
(a) That length of (D3180) Trumps Green Road, Virginia Water, between a point five metres south west of the railway bridge and its junction with (D3180) Lyne Road. These works are anticipated to be carried out over two weeks between the hours of 21.00hrs and 05.30hrs within the one month period of this Temporary Traffic Order that commences on the 3
(b) That length of (D3180) Trumps Green Road, Virginia Water, between a point 5 metres north of the railway bridge and its junction with (C127) Bridge Lane. These works are anticipated to be carried out over one night between the hours of 21.00hrs and 05.30hrs within the one month period of this Temporary Traffic Order that commences on the 2
This Temporary Traffic Order is required to enable Connect TM Ltd to carry out brick repairs to railway bridges on behalf of Network Rail. Advanced warning signs will be displayed and the temporary closures will only operate when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Access will be maintained for pedestrians at all times. Access will be maintained for residents and emergency services at all times via the signed diversion route.
DATED 27th February 2015
Authorising Officer: R Bolton
Local Highway Services Group Manager
Any Enquiries relating to this notice should be directed to:
Traffic Regulation Orders Team
Surrey County Council - Highways
Surrey GU4 7BQ
Tel: 0300 200 1003
- Sainsburys Planning Application21st Nov, 2014
- We bring your attention to the two planning application currently under consideration with Runnymede Borough Council, RU.14/1582, RU.14/1631. You can view these online via Runnymede’s website under ‘add comments here’.
- Government's Future Airspace Strategy23rd Oct, 2014
- Dear ResidentsI am sure you have noticed the significant increased airplane noise over the Wentworth Estate. This is the result of a 5 month trial of new flight paths as part of the Government's Future Airspace Strategy that began on 25th August to evaluate options for increasing the capacity at Heathrow. In new trialled configuration the westerly SAM (Southampton) route would dip significantly further south bringing more planes low over Virginia Water, Englefield Green, Sunningdale, Ascot and Bracknell. Most significantly the easterly CPT (Compton) route has now been moved south so that it would now be right over Wentworth.Local opposition to this trial has been mounting and pressure groups have been formed. e-petitions have been launched and meetings are being held in the area with local or national officials. This has led to trials to be curtailed by 10 weeks from the original end of January 26th to November 13th.A recent well attended one was held at Ascot Racecourse on October 13th (see http://www.livingwithin.com/ascot-flight-path-meeting.html).Another one is due to take place this Friday October 24th at The Jurgens Centre, 91 Harvest Road, Englefield Green, Surrey TW20 0QR. The meeting is scheduled to start 7:15 pm and Philip Hammond, MP and a number of local councillors will be present. I strongly encourage you to attend and let other residents know about it. You can find more information on Englefield Green's dedicated web site (www.stopEGtrials.com)Apart from registering our opposition attending meetings and liaising with local pressure groups we have, as WRA, done too little just yet!The trials will end soon but decisions that will affect our life will be made in the coming months and perhaps years. It will be critical to keep a close eye on the situation and continue liaising with the local pressure groups. I have been looking for Residents able to help out and have been considering setting up a sub-committee to initiate and coordinate our actions. I am hoping that a couple at least will step forward. Hopefully one of you will volunteer to lead this sub committee.I have files that provide details of the new flight paths as well as contact names for the local pressure groups, web sites and local officials (see below).As a results of comments made by us and others RBC have now included information on the flight trial routes on their website. They are also inviting comment on: firstname.lastname@example.orgList of a few key elected officials:- Philip Hammond (MP for Runnymede & Weybridge, Secretary of State for Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs):Philip.email@example.com- Mel Few (our local SCC councillor): firstname.lastname@example.org- Patrick Roberts (RBC leader): email@example.comTo log specific complaints, re.:loud/low-flying aircraft etc., go to:http://www.heathrowairport.com/noise/what-you-can-do/make-a-complaint-about-noiseor call 0800 344 8440800 344 844General comments, re.: noise should be addressed to:Noise_complaints@heathrowairport.comCommunity relations:firstname.lastname@example.orgInformation re public consultation meetings:http://your.heathrow.com/consultation/You can find information on flight path at: WebTrak My Neighbourhood - Home Locator: London Heathrow Airport
Kind Regards,Eric Leon
- Wentworth Fireworks Evening10th Oct, 2014
WENTWORTH FIREWORKS EVENINGSaturday 1st November 2014 | 18.15
A spectacular bonfire and fireworks display here at your Club, making it the perfect winter evening out for all the family. Why not complete the evening and warm up with dinner in the Grill.
17.30 Food and drink available
18.15 Bonfire lit19.15 Fireworks displayNon-members are welcome. Arrive at the main entrance to Wentworth Estate and payment will be taken by cash on arrival. £5pp or £20 per car.
All proceeds from the Fireworks evening go to the Wentworth Golf & Tennis Foundation
- STOP the LHR trials over Surrey23rd Sep, 2014